The White Glove Maid Service is the solution to your cleaning needs. Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about our company.
Q 1: Why should I choose The White Glove Maid Service over other companies?
The White Glove Maid Service is the oldest locally owned maid service in San Antonio. Our maids goes through a ten step hiring and training process before they ever come to your home. Our maids have all been throughly screened before they ever enter your home. This includes references checks, criminal background checks and extensive training. Our maids are professionals dedicated to cleaning. In fact, many of our maids have been with us for 10-20 years.
Q 2: How long have you been in business house cleaning?
The White Glove Maid Service was founded in 1982 by Mike and Heidi Baird, it has been locally owned ever since. In 1982, fresh out of college, Mike and Heidi started cleaning homes to support themselves. As business grew they added employees and started managing the business. In 1990 the founded the American Maid Service Association and provided professional training materials to maid services across the country. Today The White Glove is the oldest family owned maid service in San Antonio.
Q 3: What services are offered?
Please check our Services page for full details, but here is a brief outline.
- Spring Cleaning – For a deep, heavy cleaning of your home.
- Maintenance cleaning – For maintaining your home on a regular basis.
- Move out cleaning and move in cleaning – to help make life’s transitions easier.
- Specialty services – hourly cleaning tailored to your specific needs.
- Host dry carpet cleaning – for the deepest, longest lasting green carpet cleaning with no dry time.
- Tile and grout cleaning – to keep your tile floors looking new.
Q 4: Where are your cleaning services offered?
We offer city wide service throughout all of San Antonio. We also offer services in many of the subdivisions outside 1604. If you aren’t sure if we service your area give us a call and we can let you know.
Q 5: What are you prices?
All of our prices are very affordable. Instead of a cookie cutter approach we tailor each job to your specific needs. Feel free to call us at 210-342-3878 for a free, no obligation, over the phone quote.
Q 6: Can I trust your employees?
We never hire any maid that we would not feel comfortable allowing in to clean our own home. All of our employees are bonded and insured for your protection. Background checks are done on every employee before they begin working for us. We also require up to three references per employee. Finally, all maids go through our 10 steps hiring and training process.
Q 7: Do your maids receive professional training?
Only one in twenty applicants become White Glove Maid maids. All of our maids go through a vigorous 10 step hiring and training process before ever entering a customers home alone. Their progress is monitored carefully and they must pass inspection by one of our supervisors before they become official employees of our company.
Q 8: Is everyone who works for your company employed by you?
Yes. We never use contract labor and we pay all social security and employment taxes.
Q 9: Why don’t I just hire a private individual to save money?
A quick internet search will reveal the danger of choosing this option. When you hire a private individual you are taking a giant gamble. The top three reasons not to hire an individual are:
1. Criminals won’t be hired by professional maid services but they can be hired unwittingly by you. Most home owners don’t have the skill or time to do criminal background checks.
2. If a private maid is hurt while cleaning your home YOU are responsible for all her hospital bills. She is your employee.
3. You are responsible for paying your private maids social security taxes. This liability never goes away. At any point in the future you could be called upon to pay all the employment taxes you failed to collect and report-with penalties and interest.
Q 10: What if the maids don’t do a good job in my house?
Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. We are not happy until you are happy! You will be asked to inspect and approve the cleaning before the maid leaves. If you are not at home when the cleaning is done call us within 24 hours and we will correct any areas that were part of your scheduled cleaning.
Q 11: What if I have to cancel my appointment?
We work hard to provide our employees with a full work schedule every week. Last minute cancellations cause them to miss work and end up with a short paycheck. For this reason we require a 24 hour notice for all cancellations. Failure to call us 24 hours ahead of time will result in a cancellation fee of $50.
Q 12: Should I tip?
Tipping is a way of saying “Well Done!” While not expected it is greatly appreciated.