San Antonio Maid Service Checklist
These ten tips will help you find a quality maid service in San Antonio, TX.
1. How long has the company been in business and who owns it.
Bad maid services do not last long. A locally owned service has roots in the city. A franchise tends to change owners frequently and are usually more expensive due to franchise costs. The White Glove Maid Service has been locally owned in San Antonio since 1982.
2. Check with the Better Business Bureau.
A company with unresolved complaints is a sign of trouble. The White Glove Maid Service in San Antonio maintains an A+ rating with the BBB.
3. Does the company hire maids as employees or contract labor?
Contract labor leaves you responsible for taxes. The White Glove Maid Service NEVER uses contract labor.
4. Does the company carry bonding and liability insurance?
Insurance is important, but your biggest protection is who the company hires in the first place. Some maid services are so desperate for workers they will hire anyone who walks in the door. The White Glove Maid are all bonded and insured.
5. How are the maids hired and trained?
A vigorous training and hiring program encourages quality and honesty.
6. Do they answer the phone when you call?
If you get an answering service now, how will you contact someone if you have a problem?
7. How are complaints handled?
A reputable company will give you some guarantee of quality.
8. Are there any hidden charges? Are they willing to give you an estimate over the phone? An in home estimate usually ends up costing you higher fees.
Ask for the total before you sign up.
9. Can you have references?
Get at least three and call them.
10. Was the office staff helpful and courteous?
If they aren’t now, wait until you have a problem!